Castor Oil Packs
* Menstrual irregularities, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids
* Constipation, Congestion
* Inflammation - arthritis, bursitis, cholecystitis
* Bruising, sprains, strains
* Improves lymph flow
* Increases circulation
* Stimulates liver function
* Promotes elimination
* Heals tissue and organs
* Three layers of undyed wool or cotton flannel large enough to cover the affected area
* Castor oil
* Plastic wrap cut 1-2" larger than the flannel / Large enough to wrap around treatment area
* Hot water bottle or heating pad
* Container with lid
* Old clothes and sheets. Castor oil will stain clothing and bedding.
* Place the flannel in the container. Soak it in castor oil so that it is saturated, but not dripping. This is your pack.
* Protect clothing, bedding and furniture with old sheets or clothing
* Place the pack directly on to skin over the affected body part. Cover with plastic wrap.
* Place the hot water bottle or heating pad over the pack. Leave it on for 45-60 minutes.
After removing the pack
* Cleanse the area with a dilute solution of water and baking soda.
* Discard plastic wrap
* Store the pack in the covered container in the refrigerator.
* Each pack may be re-used up to 25-30 times.
It is generally recommended that a castor oil pack be used for 3 to 7 days a week, check with your healthcare provider.